Strategy designer with a commercial mindset
We’re looking for the rebel, the person who can close the deal & has a local network within corporate organizations at C-level in San Francisco or New York
Who we are:
Business Models Inc. is an award-winning international strategy design agency. We have offices in Australia, Taiwan, The Netherlands, and the USA. We help corporate organizations, entrepreneurs, and startups design, develop and test innovative business models and strategies for their future through co-innovation and accelerator programs.
Why you’ll love working with us:
You make it happen!
- You love working with a cool team of people and making “it” happen for your clients – especially when it comes to strategy and innovation.
- You enjoy working with both big organizations and startups, and you always aim to help them future proof themselves.
- At your core, you believe that magic can be made when you pair kick-ass business model options with incredible technologies and human-centered designs.
- At the same time, you’re always the one who challenges your clients (and friends) to validate their assumptions and prototype their ideas before falling in love with them.
- Most of all, you do not believe in huge business plans and jargon-filled reports. You’d rather just do it!
- You know you only have one chance to do it right, so you need to give it your best and be very well prepared.
- You enjoy traveling to clients (while based in our BMI offices), BMI spends about 20% of their time traveling for workshops
- You simply love designing better businesses.
Who you are:
You are a rebel
We’re looking for the rebel, the strategic smart ass, the rock star on stage, the person who has a designer’s and producer’s mindset.
- 5-8 years of relevant professional experience
- Strategic thinking skills; ability to connect the dots and deliver high- caliber strategies to range of clients
- Business development; ability to approach business development initiatives and spot opportunities in the market for new business
- Excellent communication skills; ability to facilitate large scale workshops and speak on stage in front of large audiences
- Entrepreneurial mindset; you make the impossible possible and can create value in a fast and strategic way
- Teamwork; ability to brainstorm, test, and run workshops with BMI team members in a way that elevates everyone on the team
- Consulting experience
- Experience in design thinking and lean startup methodologies
- Design research; has experience in qualitative and ethnographic research to create insights
- Visual capabilities; can tap into a creative mindset to communicate internally and with clients in a more engaging and exciting way
Perks & benefits
Entrepreneurial salary structure
- Fixed base salary + Quarterly bonuses based on performance
- Health, vision and dental
- 100% premium covered (up to $500)
- Unlimited vacation
- 12 weeks paid maternity leave
- 6 weeks paid paternity leave
- Ability to build and mold your position for your interests and future growth
- Our organization structure allows for you to step in to new and exciting roles outside of your day to day
- iPhone and MacBook pro provided
- Opportunities to work from home
- Company policy of 2-week holiday per year required
- Free lunches
- Yearly global BMI meet up
- Fun team of rebels!
- Dog and fish friendly offices
- Visual drinking
- International exchange program
- Step 1: Introductory phone call- We will connect you with someone from our hiring team for an intro phone call so we can get to know you a bit more.
- Step 2: Coffee with local office- We will connect you with a local strategy designer for to meet for a coffee so get to know you more and you hear more details about the role.
- Step 3: Case study- We will set up a 3-hour block to have you over to our office to do a deep dive on how you would approach a provided case. The last hour of this block will be a share out of your findings and fielding questions from the BMI team.
- Step 4: Final compensation/ offer call
As an Equal Opportunity Employer, Business Models Inc does not discriminate against applicants or employees because of race, color, creed, religion, sex, national origin, veteran status, disability, domestic violence victim status, age, citizenship, marital or domestic/civil partnership status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or because of any other status or condition protected by applicable federal, state or local law. Click Here to find out more about Equal Employment Opportunity.