Design a Better Business Experience
A two day limited edition workshop + event night
THERE IS NO BETTER WAY TO LEARN ABOUT THE TOOLS, CASES AND MINDSET BEHIND DESIGN A BETTER BUSINESS THAN EXPERIENCING IT IN A TWO-DAY WORKSHOP. WE ARE PLANNING A LIMITED NUMBER OF WORKSHOPS FOR 2017 WHERE WE WILL DO A DEEP DIVE AND HELP PARTICIPANTS BECOME DESIGNERS. WILL YOU BE ONE OF THE LUCKY PARTICIPANTS?
A UNIQUE EXPERIENCE @ HOTEL ZOKU IN AMSTERDAM
You will experience a 2 day workshop, dinner and event night at the new hotel Zoku in Amsterdam, The Netherlands. You have the option to also book your stay here. Hans Meyer, founder of Zoku and former founder CitizenM created a new award winning concept in the hospitality industry for longstay. Zoku is a place where you can live, work, relax and socialise. And so we will for two days.
Hans Meyer will share his insights in how he applied design thinking, observation, prototyping and validation for his concept Zoku.
GET OUT OF THE BUILDING!
You need to step up as a rebel and be comfortable with being uncomfortable. We help you to get out of the building and be prepared. What do potential customers do? What do they think of your new concept? What questions do you ask? Part of the workshops is to observe and question (potential) customers for your concept. In cooperation with Zoku you will get access to the Zoku community with whom you can practice your design skills like asking the right questions.
STAY OVER @ ZOKU
You can stay over at Zoku hotel during the workshop. Zoku offers the Zoku Loft and Loft XL as flexible home/office hybrids, also suitable for long stays, made for mobile professionals to live comfortably and work efficiently. You can book here.
WHY SHOULD YOU COME?
You are a rebel and want to transform your business or start a new business. You are a business leader, an aspiring entrepreneur, a corporate innovator, a growth investor, a social impact change agent or enterprising student, this deep dive will yield you many insights and experience with new tools to change uncertainty into opportunity tomorrow. You want to look for like minded people and connect with the community.
Oh, and you’re not looking for yet another workshop. You’re looking for a true experience.
WHAT YOU LEARN
- How design thinking can be applied for both strategy and innovation
- How design thinking tools are different and will lead to different results
- Get familiar with non linear thinking and apply the Double Loop
- Learn how to set your Point of View (POV)
- Learn how other organizations apply these new tools and skills
- Apply visual thinking during these two days so you become addicted
BLOCK 1: 9:00-10:30 EMBRACE UNCERTAINTY
- Design thinking applied for strategy and innovation
- Linear thinking vs. The Double Loop
- The seven essential skills of designers
- Design criteria as a toolbox for business (tool)
- A marker, post-it notes and your notebook as visual tools
- Keynote: Hans Meyer, How Zoku changes the world of hospitality.
BLOCK 2: 11:00-12:30 YOUR POINT OF VIEW (POV)
- What is your Point of View? Do you have one?
- Design your vision and strategy with the 5 bold steps vision canvas (tool)
- The Cover Story as a vision warm-up exercise (tool)
- Case Study how ING Bank designed their vision
- How to connect your vision to your business model and value proposition
BLOCK 3: 13:30-15:00 UNDERSTAND CUSTOMERS
- How to understand your customer best through observation
- Understand your customer with the persona and right hand side of Value Proposition Canvas (tool)
- The customer journey as a way to understand customers (tool)
- The art of asking the right questions to the right people
BLOCK 4: 15:30-17:00 IDEATE AND DESIGN NEW BUSINESS MODELS
- 5 Innovation techniques to get your engines going!
- The business model canvas as a tool for innovation (tool)
- Design your value proposition with the value proposition canvas (tool)
- Case Study: Start-up Onetab: The Beer App
EVENING DAY 1
- 18:00 Drinks @ Zoku bar
- 19:30 Dinner @ Zoky living kitchen
- 20:30 Continuous learning and design thinking exercises
9:00-10:30 PROTOTYPE: GET INTO THE MAKERS’ MINDSET
Prototyping business models and value propositions
Learn how to prototype an app on paper and on your phone
Build a minimum viable product yourself (skill)
11:00-12:30 VALIDATE: FIND YOUR RISKIEST ASSUMPTIONS
- Use the Investment Readiness Level of Steve Blank as a roadmap (tool)
- How to find the most riskiest assumption with the riskiest assumption finder (tool)
- What is a pivot? How do you pivot?
- Case Study how Beestar had worked through 3 business models
13:30-15:00 VALIDATE: SET UP EXPERIMENTS AND LEARN
- Set up experiments with the experiment canvas (tool) designed by Ash Maurya
- Validate your assumptions and track your pivots with the validation canvas
- Case study: The journey of Abrella a start-up from Denmark
15:30-17:00 HOW TO FACILITATE WORKSHOPS ON STRATEGY AND INNOVATION?
- How to design meetings and workshops
- The screenplay as a tool for designing workshops (tool)
- The team charter to get the right team on board (tool)
- How to design strategy & innovation workshops
- How fast passes help you do business planning
WHAT DO YOU GET WHEN YOU JOIN OUR WORKSHOP?
- The Book Design a Better Business
- The essential tool box with templates
- Set of markers, post it notes to work with
- Zoku experience including drinks, dinner
- A storytelling toolkit to get your message across
- Detailed case studies from Toyota, Audi, Wavin, Onetab etc.
- Screenplays for strategy and innovation workshops
WHO WILL RUN THE WORKSHOP?
- Patrick van der Pijl, Lisa Kay Solomon, Justin Lokitz authors
- Erik van der Pluijm, Maarten van Lieshout, Jonas Louisse, designers